Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hand Painted Giant Wine Glass

It took a few hours but I did it! I painted this giant wine glass for my best friends wedding. Its a some what odd tradition I've done for her. Coincidently she broke the one I made her for her 21st birthday, which was supposed to be a joke but she refused to get rid of it, even after she broke it. So I made her a new one years later in hopes she would quit using her old one to display her cowboy hat. I'm not sure if she did in fact get rid of it, but I'd like to think so. The newer one isn't too bad of an eye sore. I  painted the dress to resemble her wedding dress and even put swarovski crystals on it. She is a red head just like the woman on the glass, but aside from being thin, really looks nothing like my friend lol. I kinda just followed my hand and that's what came out, but I am happy with it. The wedding colors were purple and silver so I incorporated that into the glass along with personalizing it with her name on the stem. I also made each of the bridesmaids one of their own as a thank you in helping me plan my friends bachelorette party. The set for the bridal party was my first attempt at painting glass. I didn't know how it would turn out. I think in the end they turned out better then some others I've seen. So thus, I have made it into a hobby, only getting better each time :) I've done many others so if you would like to see more please let me know. The giant wine glass, although hard to drink from lol is a working piece of art and holds I want to say almost 3-4 bottles of wine. They have a multi purpose as well. They are great for a fish habitat and center pieces. The possibilities are endless and apparebtly so am I :) thanks for taking a look. Leave a comment if you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews