Sunday, June 7, 2015

T-shirt Fun!

So this unique project I ended up finding on Pinterest (of course) and I just had to try it because I thought it was pretty amazing. It's a rug made from old T-shirts. How crazy right? Although I cannot take credit for coming up with this, I commend the unique person who did (tipping my hat to you mystery person). It is time consuming, but easy peasy for sure. You will love it if you like to sew (I only like easy sewing lol). All you do is cut some old t-shirts into one continuous strip (directions on pinterest) then braid 3 colors together, and lastly sew them in the shape you want (I chose oval). It really is so simple!! The braiding is the worst part only because the strips are so long they get tangled super easy...I started this out with certain colors in mind and decided to add whatever color I could find because I ran out of shirts really fast. So it's not the prettiest, but it's a fuctionable conversation piece for sure! I loved this project so much I decided to go big LOL soooo I'm still not finished. It's a little bigger than the pictures show now, but I def. have a ways to go. The other cool thing is you can even do this with old jeans and kids clothes for the parents who just can't let go (you know who you are haha). However, jeans is a different process. I love easy creative projects like this and am always looking for more. So if you have any, let me know. As always thanks for stopping by and spending time on my page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews