Thursday, February 13, 2014

Child's Play

I designed and painted this for my neices bedroom. She loves cartoons, especially Mickey Mouse Club House, but I wanted to capture more then just one favorite for her. Each character is a letter of her name, as I'm sure you have noticed, and painted with water color paints. Each letter/character took a couple hours, give or take a little. Some did not turn out as I would have liked but overall I am happy with the outcome. Next time I will have to be more careful about measuring and cutting when it comes to matting. I'm sure if you have young children then you know who these characters all are. The best part of this whole project was to get to hear my neice tell me all the characters as she points to them :) I love knowing even a two year old can appreciate my work :) I even added some unique touches to some of the characters. For example, Tinkerbell has glittery fairy dust and Doc McStuffins has a glittery headband and shoes, just like in the show. I love cartoon design, but I am very excited for some more grown up projects I am about to embark on. One being Detroit themed :) thank you for viewing this and I hope uou enjoyed. Please feel free to leave comments and/or questions. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews